Boosted is looking for a technical expert in battery pack design capable of understanding a pack as a electrical, chemical, mechanical, thermal system to lead future battery development initiatives.
We make fun, fast, simple transportation for everyone, electric vehicles are our focus and our passion. It’s no secret that fun drives Boosted. It’s what makes us feel alive and keeps our wheels pushing forward.
Our team is human - thoughtful, approachable, hungry, reliable and accountable. We are passionate about tackling some of the biggest challenges in transportation.
Who you are:
- A thinker and a driver with an innate ability to motivate a team and move key initiatives forward.
- You have developed safety critical, low cost, space optimized solutions for battery operated devices.
- You have complex mechanical system know-how and detailed understanding of the functionality of all components inside the battery pack including (module design, pack management circuitry, cell to cell connection, cooling concepts, retention, etc.).
- You have done thermal or mechanical modeling for battery systems or worked with a team to do so
- Passionate about teaching others and learning new things.
What you'll do:
- Be the technical leader of Boosted’s battery pack design team.
- Own the creation of design specifications of new battery packs.
- Work cross-functionally with the mechanical engineers, electrical engineers, and product managers to evaluate the tradeoffs and design battery packs suited for the next generation of Boosted products.
- Work closely with NPI production team and suppliers on pack production and testing.Work closely with marketing, design, and technical teams to create Boosted’s future battery pack roadmap.
- Stay in tune with latest advances in cells, control circuitry, and pack assembly methods to provide strategic insight into future technologies related to pack design.
- Research and understand regulatory framework around battery packs and use this information to guide future pack design.
- Ensure pack mechanical design also addresses key requirements for volume production like manufacturability, serviceability and recyclability
- Proactively support design validation teams in test plan reviews to ensure testing strategies and methods truly stress and verify design compliance and safety.
- BS in Mechanical/Electrical/Computer Engineering degree or equivalent experience, some graduate education preferred.
- 7+ years experience in battery field
- Ability to travel internationally up to 25% of the time
- Strong demonstrated presentation and communication skills
- Leadership/management experience
- Volume consumer/portable products experience
- Experience in safety critical battery pack design
- Experience with non English speaking off-shore suppliers and manufacturers