Boosted is building fun, lightweight electric vehicles. We dream of sustainable, hassle-free transportation to enhance your freedom to discover your city and revitalize your commute. We participated in the Y Combinator startup incubator (S’12) and are supported by some of Silicon Valley’s most notable VCs and entrepreneurs.
We are committed to a workplace that reflects the communities we serve. We especially encourage women, people of color, and others who are underrepresented in the tech industry to apply.
Who you are:
- A technical expert in battery pack design capable of understanding a pack as a electrical, chemical, mechanical, thermal system.
- A thinker and a driver with an innate ability to motivate a team and move key initiatives forward.
- You have developed safety critical, low cost, space optimized solutions for battery operated devices.
- You have complex mechanical system know-how and detailed understanding of the functionality of all components inside the battery pack including (module design, pack management circuitry, cell to cell connection, cooling concepts, retention, etc.).
- You have done thermal or mechanical modeling for battery systems or worked with a team to do so
- Passionate about teaching others and learning new things.
What you'll do:
- Be the technical leader of Boosted’s battery pack design team.
- Own the creation of design specifications of new battery packs.
- Work cross-functionally with the mechanical engineers, electrical engineers, and product managers to evaluate the tradeoffs and design battery packs suited for the next generation of Boosted products.
- Work closely with NPI production team and suppliers on pack production and testing.Work closely with marketing, design, and technical teams to create Boosted’s future battery pack roadmap.
- Stay in tune with latest advances in cells, control circuitry, and pack assembly methods to provide strategic insight into future technologies related to pack design.
- Research and understand regulatory framework around battery packs and use this information to guide future pack design.
- Ensure pack mechanical design also addresses key requirements for volume production like manufacturability, serviceability and recyclability
- Proactively support design validation teams in test plan reviews to ensure testing strategies and methods truly stress and verify design compliance and safety.
- BS in Mechanical/Electrical/Computer Engineering degree or equivalent experience, some graduate education preferred.
- 7+ years experience in battery field
- Ability to travel internationally up to 25% of the time
- Strong demonstrated presentation and communication skills
- Leadership/management experience
- Volume consumer/portable products experience
- Experience in safety critical battery pack design
- Experience with non English speaking off-shore suppliers and manufacturers
What we offer
- Growth potential, tell us your goals and we’ll get there together.
- Daily rides, we have pros who will teach you to ride and maintain your board. Is your current job getting you outside everyday?
- Generous time off policy
- The opportunity to work with an incredible team that's revolutionizing the way we move.
- Pet friendly, bring yours or play with ours.
- Catered lunch everyday and snacks/drinks available
- Medical/dental/vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) plan
- Commuter benefit plan and open use of our boards
- Team outings and ongoing events