Boosted is building fun, lightweight electric vehicles. We dream of sustainable, hassle-free transportation to enhance your freedom to discover your city and revitalize your commute. We participated in the Y Combinator startup incubator (S’12) and are supported by some of Silicon Valley’s most notable VCs and entrepreneurs.
Boosted is seeking an energetic, reliable, detail-oriented, and self-motivated individual with hands on experience in an engineering environment!
We are committed to a workplace that reflects the communities we serve. We especially encourage women, people of color, and others who are underrepresented in the tech industry to apply.
- You have great problem solving and analytical skills
- You are a generalist with a broad engineering foundation
- You are self-motivated and excited to learn new things
- You like a challenge, and don’t shy away from open-ended problems
- You enjoy working at the interface between traditional disciplines, bridging gaps between mechanical, electrical and software components
- You are excited about the growing applications of electric drivetrains
You’ll be working with the engineering team at Boosted to:
- Evaluate design tradeoffs between mechanical, electrical or software complexity
- Create fast prototypes leveraging understanding of our existing product
- Understand system level impact of defects at any level of the design
- Explore integrating new technologies into existing products
- Investigate design issues and develop short term and long term solutions
- Msc/B. Eng degree holder in Mechatronic Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or other closely related subjects
- 2+ years of work experience in relevant engineering field
- Strong skills across embedded systems, electronics, and mechanical systems
- Familiarity with 2D and 3D mechanical design tools for prototyping and production
- Experience working within existing embedded C and Python codebases
- Understanding of analog and digital circuit principles and practices
- Experience interfacing with sensors, embedded devices over various hardware interfaces (e.g USB, I2C, SPI).
- Motor control experience preferred
- A good team player who can also work independently to achieve assigned tasks
What we offer:
- Growth potential, tell us your goals and we’ll get there together.
- Daily rides, we have pros who will teach you to ride and maintain your board. Is your current job getting you outside everyday?
- Generous time off policy.
- The opportunity to work with an incredible team that's revolutionizing the way we move.
- Pet friendly, bring yours or play with ours.
- Catered lunch everyday and snacks/drinks available throughout the day.
- Medical/dental/vision insurance.Flexible Spending Account (FSA) plan.
- Commuter benefit plan and open use of our boards.
- Team outings and ongoing events.