Boosted is building fun, lightweight electric vehicles. We dream about sustainable, hassle-free transportation. We are filled with people passionate about robots and action sports. We participated in the Y Combinator startup incubator (S’12) and are supported by some of Silicon Valley’s most notable VCs and entrepreneurs.
Fast, fun, simple electric vehicles are our focus and our passion. We make the world’s most advanced electric longboard. With three models to fit the most extreme action sports enthusiast to the casual commuter, the Boosted board is a powerful and reliable paradigm shift in transportation and recreation.
Boosted is looking for a motivated and talented senior electrical engineer to join our rapidly growing team. You will be a key member of the team, where you will be defining, analyzing, designing, validating, and testing all aspects of electrical designs for new products. You will be working in a small, tightly knit team, rapidly hacking your way through creating some of the world’s most advanced lightweight electric vehicles.
We are committed to a workplace that reflects the communities we serve. We especially encourage women, people of color, and others who are underrepresented in the tech industry to apply.
- You will be working in a fast-paced startup environment, a key member of a small team working on big ideas.
- You will own the electrical design from end-to-end for new innovative light electric vehicles: from concept through architecture and design, simulation and analysis, to production and test.
- You will be responsible for both helping to define product performance requirements and writing test plans to validate those requirements are met both in development and volume production.
- You will work closely with internal and external teams to manage risks and keep projects on schedule.
- You will be a key liaison with Boosted’s manufacturing partners.
- BS or higher degree in Electrical Engineering or Physics (MS preferred).
- 5+ years of relevant coursework or work experience.
- Experienced in the selection and use of DSPs, microcontrollers, and programmable logic devices and their peripheral circuitry (signal conditioning, voltage level translators, etc.).
- Comfortable designing and testing board-level power supplies.
- Familiar with 100W-1kW+ power switching circuits, high power semiconductor devices, gate drivers, and protection circuitry.
- Familiar with basic control theory and digital implementation of controls.
- Experienced doing or supervising PCB layout, defining PCB stack-up requirements, and optimizing component placements and routing in high power switching circuits for minimal EMC.
- Experienced in development of digital and analog interfaces for PC-based test systems, especially (Labview, Matlab, Python).
- Proficient with standard EE tools (scopes, network analyzers, etc.)
- Excited to join a team of skilled, dedicated engineers working on the next generation of light electric vehicles!
- Experienced with embedded programming of DSPs and FPGAs in real-time control applications.
- Familiar with automotive networking (e.g. CAN) standards.
- Experienced in obtaining product safety certification through an NRTL (e.g. UL, CE, CSA, CCC, etc.).
What We Offer
- The opportunity to work with an incredible team that's revolutionizing the way we move.
- Catered lunch everyday
- Snacks/drinks available throughout the day
- Medical/dental/vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) plan
- Commuter benefit plan
- Generous time off policy
- Team outings and ongoing events