Boosted is looking for a talented Senior Embedded Firmware Engineer with experience building connected products involving motor control, battery management, and/or Bluetooth LE connectivity. As part of our Firmware team, you’ll be responsible for the entire lifecycle of the firmware features you implement, from concept to supporting bringup in mass production.
We make fun, fast, simple transportation for everyone, electric vehicles are our focus and our passion. It’s no secret that fun drives Boosted. It’s what makes us feel alive and keeps our wheels pushing forward.
Our team is human - thoughtful, approachable, hungry, reliable and accountable. We are passionate about tackling some of the biggest challenges in transportation.
- Specify, design, and implement firmware components of a state-of-the-art light electric vehicle.
- Work with a cross-functional team of electrical, mechanical, and test engineers to develop our newest products.
- Implement key protocol, signal processing and numerical algorithms with very tight time, latency and energy budgets.
- Evaluate and implement leading edge tools for build, formal verification and test.
- Help define methodologies and best practices.
- The ideal candidate will have 10+ years of embedded firmware development experience for consumer electronics and/or automotive applications.
- Experience bringing up hardware and debugging embedded systems; familiarity using in-circuit debugging, oscilloscopes, etc.
- Expert with embedded C, compilers, build and source code control tools.
- Significant experience with memory constrained microcontroller systems
- Experience with standard embedded communication protocols; I2C, SPI, UART, and CAN
- Demonstrated competence with higher level scripting and programming languages; python preferred
- Experience working with Microchip PICs, specifically the dsPIC family
- Work with wireless communication protocols, specifically BLE
- Prior work on either motor control or battery management systems
- Signal processing and/or control system expertise
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in electrical engineering, computer science, related fields, with 5+ years of professional experience.